04 February 2010

Marathon Training Day 11

Today, we ran 3 miles.

My right calf no longer hurts much at all.  My left calf, on the other leg, still is sore.  Mom recommends an anti-inflammatory and an ice-pack to combat the probable inflammation which is causing the pain.

We ran at the CC, which was unexpectedly empty tonight.  Niki ran all 3 miles on the elliptical and I did 1.5 on the elliptical before deciding it was not enough of a workout for me and switched to the treadmill which was probably too much of a workout for me, given the state my calf muscles are in.  Results, ho:

Phil
3 miles / 35:09
11.717 minutes / mile

Niki
3 miles / 36:00
12 minutes / mile

I am offsetting the 300 calories I burned while running with another 500 calorie snack (the same as last night).  +200 calorie run, whoop.  If I actually manage to get fatter while training for the marathon, I am going to write a book and make tens of dollars teaching people with fast metabolisms how to gain weight despite exercising.  Tens of dollars, I tell you!

I am going to go ice my calves now. 

Tomorrow, we rest.  Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment