20 February 2010

Marathon Training Day 27

7 miles on treadmills at the Rec.  Not in Vibrams because our calves and ankles are not ready.

Phil
7 miles / 84:12
12.029 minutes / mile

Niki
7 miles / 94:21
13.479 minutes / mile

I ran 6 miles at a 12 minute/mile pace and only stopped to walk long enough at the 6 mile mark to drink some water.  I can tell that my stamina has increased.  I had a great time running today.  My knees were a bit sore right after the run, but the loosened up with some stretching.  Also, my HR peaked around 166.

And Niki did very well, also!   She beat her/our last 7 mile time by 8 minutes.

When we got home, I took ibuprofen and iced my calves to head off the inflammation and pain that I think might be impending.  We'll see how my calves feel tomorrow.  Niki didn't ice or take any drugs, so if I am much better off than she is, I'll know I did something right.

Niki introduced some high school girls to engineering today.  Go Women in Engineering!

We went to see a bunraku-style puppet show of The Hobbit this afternoon: it was god-awfully horrible.  Niki and I wanted to walk out.  But, we couldn't, so we tried to fall asleep.  Didn't help much.  Never again shall we even consider a show which is even remotely appropriate for children.

Looking forward to cross training tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment